Youghal is a historic town situated on the estuary of the River Blackwater. Once the second largest port in Europe and home to Sir Walter Raleigh, it now offers an old-time charm, heritage and numerous leisure pursuits. The town is the focal point of an area of outstanding beauty, with superb Blue Flag beaches, 18 hole golf course, greyhound racing and tennis. Both Youghal Bay and the river Blackwater offer a haven for keen anglers where deep sea, fresh water, and shore fishing are all available.
The towns history may be explored on fascinating tourist trail which takes, in the 13th century St. Mary’s Collegiate Church, the Benedictine Priory,Tyntes Castle, Myrtle Grove the one time home of Sir Walter Raleigh and the Clock Gate dating back to 1777. These historical treasures are locked within the confines of the old town walls which date back to Norman invasions of the 1400’s and are among the best preserved in Europe.
On our doorstep there is the attraction of seven miles of safe, sandy beaches which lie on the verge of the Atlantic Ocean. With this facility comes the opportunity for swimming, wind surfing, canoing and many more water activities.
The centre of the town offers an idyllic location for shopping and entertainment with local pubs, bars, boutiques, cafes, craft shops and pottery workshops in the area to visit.
- Perks Family Entertainment Centre Youghal – is the largest indoor funfair entertainment centre in the country! Introducing a large selection of rides and games to suit every age group. With over 70,000sq ft of INDOOR entertainment not even the weather can spoil your fun.
- Roseville House – Roseville House • Luxury Bed and Breakfast Accommodation • Town Centre Location • Superior Suites, Kings Sized Beds, Room Service Breakfast.
- The Nest Accommodation Youghal – Luxury 2 Bedroom Apartment – Self Catering – The Nest Accommodation Youghal – A Luxury Two Bedroom Self Catering Apartment at Youghal, Co. Cork, Ireland – For guaranteed best rates call: 087 9082931 today.
- East Cork Tourism – East Cork Tourism is the marketing body dedicated to promoting the region stretching from Cork City to the Waterford border.
- Youghal Chamber of Tourism & Commerce – At Youghal Chamber, we are all about creating a better environment for business to succeed in Youghal. This is a great place to work and live, with stunning views and fresh air to stir the soul and raise your spirits.
- Irish Whale & Dolphin Group – The Irish Whale and Dolphin Group is dedicated to the conservation and better understanding of Whales, Dolphins and Porpoise in Irish Waters
- Midaza Web | Print | Video – Web | Print | Video
- Safehaven Marine – Builders of the Interceptor and Wildcat range of high performance offshore craft
- YoughalOnline.com – Your online community news…