Youghal is a historic town situated on the estuary of the River Blackwater. Once the second largest port in Europe and home to Sir Walter Raleigh, it now offers an old-time charm, heritage and numerous leisure pursuits. The town is the focal point of an area of outstanding beauty, with superb Blue Flag beaches, 18 hole golf course, greyhound racing and tennis. Both Youghal Bay and the river Blackwater offer a haven for keen anglers where deep sea, fresh water, and shore fishing are all available.
The towns history may be explored on fascinating tourist trail which takes, in the 13th century St. Mary’s Collegiate Church, the Benedictine Priory,Tyntes Castle, Myrtle Grove the one time home of Sir Walter Raleigh and the Clock Gate dating back to 1777. These historical treasures are locked within the confines of the old town walls which date back to Norman invasions of the 1400’s and are among the best preserved in Europe.
On our doorstep there is the attraction of seven miles of safe, sandy beaches which lie on the verge of the Atlantic Ocean. With this facility comes the opportunity for swimming, wind surfing, canoing and many more water activities.
The centre of the town offers an idyllic location for shopping and entertainment with local pubs, bars, boutiques, cafes, craft shops and pottery workshops in the area to visit.
- Perks Family Entertainment Centre Youghal – is the largest indoor funfair entertainment centre in the country! Introducing a large selection of rides and games to suit every age group. With over 70,000sq ft of INDOOR entertainment not even the weather can spoil your fun.
- Sail Aweigh – Sail Aweigh From Beginner to Yachtmaster, Commercial Skipper and everything in between, we have the training solution for you.
- Avonmore House – Avonmore House is located in a central position between the five mile golden beach and Youghal town centre with it’s unique history
- Carleton Village, Youghal 4 Star Self-Catering Complex – Carleton Village – Youghal is Ireland’s newest 4 star self-catering complex, with its own tennis courts, kiddies play area, kiddies club and beautiful Walled Garden.
- Quality Hotel Youghal – Quality Hotel Youghal invites you to stay at our 3 star well appointed 24 seaview bedroom hotel and enjoy our relaxing leisure facilities including Indoor-Outdoor Whirlpool and Fitness center. Offering great rates for accommodation in Youghal.
- Walter Raleigh Hotel – Enjoy real and genuine friendliness at the Walter Raleigh Hotel in a picturesque and scenic Youghal in East Cork
- Ardmore Pattern Festival – The annual Ardmore Festival in July is a weekend full of activities and entertainment for all the family.
- East Cork Tourism – East Cork Tourism is the marketing body dedicated to promoting the region stretching from Cork City to the Waterford border.
- Youghal Chamber of Tourism & Commerce – At Youghal Chamber, we are all about creating a better environment for business to succeed in Youghal. This is a great place to work and live, with stunning views and fresh air to stir the soul and raise your spirits.
- Irish Whale & Dolphin Group – The Irish Whale and Dolphin Group is dedicated to the conservation and better understanding of Whales, Dolphins and Porpoise in Irish Waters
- Midaza Web | Print | Video – Web | Print | Video
- Safehaven Marine – Builders of the Interceptor and Wildcat range of high performance offshore craft
- YoughalOnline.com – Your online community news…